Hi, my husband and me have been Covid-grounded in Austria with my parents since March. We came to visit them for 5 days, and in February we'll be returning to Ireland for the first time, with our 6-month-old son. We're planning to move into a new, nearly empty house in Glasnevin on either 1st or 14th of February, but since we are travelling by plane, we can bring very limited amounts of things, and practically no bulkier items. Other than a changing table, a travel cot and (perhaps!) a pram, we have nothing for him in Ireland.
Does anyone have any of the following either to lend or gift to us, or maybe sell for a small price? Our son is 6 months old, weighs 8kg, wears size 68 at the moment, has 1 tooth and begun crawling.
Things we would need:
- Anything to make the house safer: socket covers, stair gates etc.
- Cot, ideally with mattress and sheets.
- High chair.
- Maxi Cosi or other car seat (he weighs 8 kg).
- Bottles, bottle warmer, steriliser...
- Backpack-type carrier (we do have a sling to carry him around with, but one of the sturdy backpack-style ones would be handy!)
- Baby bathtub.
- Changing mat.
... or anything along these lines?
It would be particularly handy if you happen to have several of these items and/or live near Glasnevin or Clontarf so that we won't have to ask my parents in law to do multiple car journeys, especially now during lockdown.
As I said, we'd be happy to return the items to you once our son has outgrown them, or pass them on to someone else, or pay you a little for them.
Many thanks in advance!
- 6 months ago
- Dublin 7